21st April 2020
Yesterday’s announcement from the Prime Minister allowing us to move to Alert Level 3 at 11.59pm on 27th April means we are now planning to safely open our school site only for those children who cannot remain at home from Wednesday 29th April.
The principles for Level 3 when we get there are:
Stay home. If you are not at work, school, exercising or getting essentials, then you must be at home, the same as at Level 4. Work and learn from home if you can. We still want the vast majority of people working from home, and children and young people learning from home.
The Ministry of Education has issued the following statement that we strongly agree with –
“Parents/Caregivers keep their children at home and maintain distance learning where this is possible.
We are currently working through specific details of what Stanhope Road School will look like at Level 3 and we will finalise these in coming days.
Please note the following:
● Children who are attending school at Alert 3 Level, will only be assigned the same work as children who are receiving Home Learning.
● Your children will need to be registered with the school and Ministry of Education to attend school during this time. Children cannot randomly turn up unexpected. Attendance is marked daily and they must physically attend.
● If your child has a health condition that means they are at a greater risk of a severe illness you must keep them at home.
● Kelly Club (before and after school care) will NOT be operating.
● Children must NOT come to school if they are unwell, any child who presents to the school unwell during this time will have their parents contacted and must be collected immediately.
● Bubbles of children will initially be limited to 10. Start and and finish times will be staggered to avoid mixing between bubbles. Students from the same families will be in the same school bubble. ● Playgrounds will remain closed and no sports equipment will be available for morning tea/lunch breaks.
● Drinking fountains remain closed and there will be no lunch orders.
● The school gates will only be opened at 8.30am Children will not be permitted on-site before this time. School gates will be locked at 3.15pm. Your children must be dropped and collected promptly.
● Between the hours of 9.10am -2.50pm school gates will be locked, any visitors to school during this time will need to phone the office.
We are asking ALL families to complete our short survey below to advise if your child/children will or will not be attending school under Alert Level 3 to allow us to ensure that we have the appropriate staffing. We require this information by 5pm Thursday 23rd April.
Please click on the link below to answer the survey: https://forms.gle/YWsB9TgzpZNmWtv87
Thank you for your support in this matter. These are very uncertain times we are currently living in, however I am very proud of the way our children, community and school staff are coping
As always, stay well, stay safe and find a way to smile.
Kia kaha Zane Wilson